Brinker, Piermattei and Flo's Handbook of Small Animal Orthopedics and Fracture Repair, 4th Edition
By Donald L. Piermattei, DVM, PhD, Gretchen L. Flo, DMV, MS and Charles E. DeCamp, DVM
832 pages 1834 ills
Trim size 7 1/4 X 10 1/4 in
This handbook covers the diagnosis, etiology, and treatment of conditions affecting the locomotor system in small animals. The 4th edition presents up-to-date information on various types of fractures and methods of fixation, lameness and joint surgery, and musculoskeletal diseases. Other key topics include: acute and chronic bone infections; transplantation, plating, wiring, and pinning techniques; bone grafting; reconstructive joint surgery; and osteochondrosis.
Content is organized anatomically for quick access to information on both fractures and other conditions for each region of the body.
Step-by-step line drawings clearly illustrate different types of fractures and procedures.
Provides clear, concise coverage of the most common orthopedic conditions.
New to this Edition
A new chapter provides cutting edge information on arthroscopy.
Each chapter is expanded with the most up-to-date information.
Includes many additional illustrations.
New coverage of monocortical plate/IM fixation.
Discusses circular frames for fractures and osteotomies
Provides information on new fixator clamps.
Table of Contents
Part I — General Principles of Diagnosis and Treatment of Fractures, Lameness, and Joint Disease
1. Orthopedic Examination and Diagnostic Tools
2. Fractures: Classification, Diagnosis, and Treatment
3. Bone Grafting
4. Delayed Union and Nonunion
5. Treatment of Acute and Chronic Bone Infections
7. Principles of Joint Surgery
Part II — Fractures and Orthopedic Conditions
9. Fractures of the Scapula
10. The Shoulder Joint
11. Fractures of the Humerus
12. The Elbow Joint
13. Fractures of the Radius and Ulna
14. Fractures and Other Orthopedic Conditions of the Carpus, Metacarpus, and Phalanges
Part III — Fractures and Orthopedic Conditions of the Hindlimb
15. Fractures of the Pelvis
16. The Hip Joint
17. Fractures of the Femur and Patella
18. The Stifle Joint
19. Fractures of the Tibia and Fibula
20. Fractures and Other Orthopedic Injuries of the Tarsus, Metatarsus, and Phalanges
Part IV — Other Fractures and Reconstruction of Bone Deformity
21. Fractures and Luxations of the Mandible and Maxilla
22. Fractures in Growing Animals
23. Correction of Abnormal Bone Growth and Healing
Part V — Miscellaneous Conditions of the Musculoskeletal System
24. Disease Conditions in Small Animals